RAIDs by Brand
NOVA 39S 16 bay 1Gb iSCSI RAID
The NOVA 39S is a single controller, 4 +2 1Gb iSCSI RAID storage system. Its compact 3U - 16 bay chassis features hot-swappable power supplies and fans for increased availability. The RAID controller, fans, and power supplies are modularized, allowing for easy removal from the rear of the unit. Also features a CGI-based GUI allowing easy, advanced remote configuration and monitoring using a web browser.On-line expansion allows the user to add drives to an existing array without interrupting operation. Available with a cache backup. NOVA RAIDs offer outstanding throughput. VMWare certified. Five year warranty available.
The NOVA 39S contains the following key functions:
- Array Recovery
The system provides an Array Recovery Utility that can aid a user in the event of multiple drive failures corrupting the RAID array of a Logical Disk and/or volumes. The feature enables users to recover lost disk members of a Disk Group, and will automatically recover Logical Disks and Volumes.
- On-line Array Roaming
Array member disks have recorded specific identifications, so when a RAID system or controller becomes faulty, this function provides an easy way to get the data back online by just moving the member disks to a same model working RAID system.
- 4 +2 1Gb iSCSI per controller, iSCSI interface for remote replication.
SMARTCor. is embedded F/W feature which include 3 functions mainly for disks’ bad sectors monitoring and correction.
- DST (Disk Self Test) DST is used to test the health situation of disks installed in the RAID system. Prior to DST a user would have to remove disks individually and run a vendor proprietary disk utility in a separate host computer. DST predicts the likelihood of near-term HDD degradation of fault condition in advance. DST performs write test, servo analysis and read scan test on the disks.
- DS (Disk Scrubbing) DS can scan for bad sectors and/or parity errors in a RAID array. Allows the RAID controller to reconstruct bad sectors from other sectors and re-assign it to an undamaged area. At the same time it also detects parity inconsistency; users can decide whether or not to overwrite inconsistent parity. DS is a proactive approach to address data integrity.
- DC (Disk Clone) This function automatically copies data to a spare disk before the faltering disk identifies as failed by RAID system. Can be configured to trigger by the following conditions:
Over bad block error threshold of disk. Detect SMART warning from disk. DC helps to prevent a rebuild from ever occurring, helping prevent the unit from entering a degraded mode.
Snapshot is done by embedded F/W, without the needs to install any applications on the server. The array based, block level snapshot function leverages the computing power of the RAID system; it is host-independent, and application-independent. The shot data can be restored by using snapshot restore function. With the snapshot, a data image can be rolled back to a previous snapshot immediately, helping the user resume applications without waiting for data restore from backup media.
- iSCSI features: Link-Aggregation, LACP (802.3ad)
- Jumbo Frame support (9000bytes)
- Multiple iSCSI targets (up to 8)
- Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS)
- Header Digest and Data Digest
- Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
- Web Based GUI: (Embedded graphic user interface) management interface can be accessed through a web browser. The GUI is java-based, and can configure arrays, slice sizes, lun mapping, etc. and also allows remote monitoring of drive health, fan, and power supplies.
Embedded F/W feature to support SED (Self-Encrypting Drive), the drives are embedded with encryption ASIC and encryption key, to encrypt/decrypt data write/read to the drives automatically. The MaxSure include 2 functions: • Instant Secure Erase. • Authentication Key Management.
The “MaxSure” integrated with SED prevents unauthorized access while drives are retired, stolen, returned for warranty or repurposed.
Common applications for the NOVA 39S include:
- Enterprise Storage
- Cloud applications
Disk to Disk Backup
Performance Driven HD
Video Streaming Applications
Security and Surveillance
Regulation Compliance Storage
Disaster Recovery Storage
Audio and Video Editing
VOD for Education or Entertainment
Fixed Content Archiving
- Host Interface: 4 +2 1Gb iSCSI w/ iSCSI ports for replication.
- Green Features: Auto disk standby, advanced cooling, 80 PLUS energy-efficient power supplies.
- Number of Host Channels: 4 per controller.
- External Connector Type: 1Gb Ethernet
- JBOD Expansion: Nova 34S, Nova 44S.
- Controller : Single
- Controller CPU: 1.2GHz Intel processor
- Memory: 2GB, upgradeable to 4GB
- Virtualization: VMWare; Hyper-V; Citrix
- Linux, Mac, Windows OS support
- Hot Swap Disk Tray: 3.5" hot-swappable tray
- Hot Swap Fan: 2 x Turbo Fan
- Hot Swap Power supplies: 2 x 500W
- AC Input Voltage: 100 to 240V (+/- 10%), 47 to 63 Hz
- RAID Levels: JBOD, 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, NRAID
- Data Rebuild: Automatic Data Regeneration
- Online Expansion: Yes
- Cache: Battery Free (SuperCAP) Cache backup module
- RAID Management: LCM; Serial console; SSH telnet; HTTP Web UI; Secured Web (HTTPS); S.E.S.
- Event Notification: Email; SNMP trap; Browser pop-up windows; Syslog; Windows Messenger.
- Humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Operating Temp: 5 °C to 40 °C
- Physical Dimensions: 485 (W) x 593 (D) x 132 (H) mm
- PDF Data Sheet- NOVA 39S
- Firmware and Manual Downloads
- Support and Contact Information
- RAID Parts & Accessories
- NOVA 39S Maintenance Kit
- NOVA 29S 12 bay single controller 1Gb iSCSI RAID
- NOVA 49S 24 bay single controller 1Gb iSCSI RAID
Unit Pricing and Configuration Options
NOVA 39S Pricing - MSRP listed, contact us for any custom quote.
|Nova 39S, no drives. 16 hard drive trays. For SAS drives.||#81-N39S||$3,995.00|
|Nova 39S, no drives, w/ cache backup. 16 hard drive trays.||#81-N39SB||$4,395.00|
|1TB drive pack for Nova - contains 4 1TB drives||#81-DP-1TB||CALL|
|2TB drive pack for Nova - contains 4 2TB drives||#81-DP-2TB||CALL|
|3TB drive pack for Nova - contains 4 3TB drives||#81-DP-3TB||CALL|
|4TB drive pack for Nova - contains 4 4TB drives||#81-DP-4TB||CALL|
Maintenance kit- contains power supply, fan module, drive tray.
|500 Watt NOVA power supply||#81-NOVA5-PS||$395.00|
|NOVA blower fan module||#81-NOVA-FN||$85.00|
|NOVA replacement drive tray for SAS||#81-NOVA-TR||$45.00|
|NOVA replacement drive tray for SATA II||#81-NOVA-TRS||$75.00|
|Extended warranty - extends parts/labor coverage to 5 years.||#81-N39S-2YR||$799.00|
Other parts and accessories for the NOVA series are available for quotation. Please contact us at 800-223-3205 or email our support team if your part is not listed.